There is no doubt that iPhone or iPhone 3G are great trend setting phones. This website is not here to bash iPhones but only to point out that there are other great phones that don’t get nearly as much media attention and if you spend some time to take a look at some of them, you are going to wish the iPhones also have the features found in those other phones. So, in this article we are going to look at some of the feature wish list for iPhone 3G, which would make it even better. Maybe Steve Job should be reading this so he’ll know what to add for the next generation iPhone.
These are not in any particular order.
1. Better Digital Camera. Although 2Mpixel is OK, people are expecting a better resolution digital cameras with their high end phones nowadays.
2. Video Recording Capability. It’s nice that you can take a digital picture anytime since you have the phone with you all the time. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to take some video as well?
3. FM Tuner. Even with thousands of songs you can carry inside the 8GB or 16GB storage, sometimes you want to listen to the news or what other songs are playing on the radio.
4. FM Transmitter. A lot of the new phones are now coming out with MP3 jack to plug in your iPod or MP3 players, or even your iPhones. For those cars that don’t have such feature, it would be nice to just transmit the songs over the FM and listen to it on your car stereo.
5. Buy songs over the air. People like iTunes and it’s probably the most successful online music store. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to buy the song whenever you like, rather than only when you have the WiFi connection?
6. Tactile Feedback. iPhones have one of the most intuitive touch screen with multi touch capability. It’s neat when you want to see the next pictures, or zoom. However, when you want to send text messages using the virtual keyboard it’s not so easy to know whether you typed the letter or not before moving on to the next letter. A quick touch feedback would let me know for sure I can type the next letter without having to go back.
7. CDMA version of iPhone. AT&T had to pretty much give them all their profit and then some to be the exclusive carrier for the iPhone, hoping that subscribers from other carriers would abandon their current carrier to come to AT&T just because of iPhone. And to their credit, I’m sure they stole quite a bit. Still, from consumer point of view, wouldn’t it be nice to stay with your current carrier and still get the iPhone?
8. Mobile TV. It might not be so popular in the US but it’s very popular in Europe and Asia where people use mass transmit a lot and likes to watch live TV on their phones.
9. More Bluetooth Profiles. It would be nice to be able to transfer files and back and forth using Bluetooth connection. Also support for BT Stereo headset would be super nice when it comes to listening all that music stored in iPhone.
I’m sure I’ve missed quite a bit of features found on other iPhone Killers.
What other features would you like to see on the next generation iPhone?
Incoming search terms:
- how to send files from iphone3g to samsung jet using bluetooth
- list iphone killer